Fixing roof leaks can be like finding a needle in the haystack. Many times, the leak ends up in a different place than where it starts. Even if it’s raining, it can still be difficult to find the origin of the leak. You’ll need to look for water marks, discoloration and stains in the attic.
How to Find the Roof Leaks?
Fortunately, it doesn’t have to rain to find where the water is coming in. Here are three ways to find where your leak starts:
- Use light to look for the roof leaks during the day. Use a bright flashlight to follow the stains and water marks. If you can get up in the attic when it’s raining, you may be able to follow the water.
- Work backwards. It’s rare that the roof leaks are directly where it’s coming in. Water travels down a path until finding a vulnerable spot to drip down.
- Add water. When the weather is clear, send a friend up to the roof with a garden hose. Have your friend systematically work across the roof, one area at a time.
Calling an Expert Roofing Company in Dallas TX
Fixing a roof is not always a do-it-yourself project. You might void the warranty of your roof if you try and fix it yourself. An older roof may be disintegrative even more. When you don’t know what you are doing, you could create an even bigger problem. Steep roofs are extremely hazardous too. Most homeowners don’t have the right tools or even know how to repair a roof properly. Unless you’ve done roofing before, it’s better to call a professional to ensure that the job is done right.
Signs to Tell You Need Help Of a Professional Roofing Company in Dallas TX
If you are not well-versed in the ins-and-outs of roofing in Dallas TX, you may not know exactly when it’s necessary to call a professional roofing company for help. What you think is a small issue may turn out to be something big, and vice-versa. It’s always better to be safe than sorry, but you don’t want to waste your time or money on calling a professional when it’s not necessary. Major signs that will tell you it’s time to call a professional roofing company in Dallas TX.
- Damaged Shingles: If your roof has a majority of damaged shingles or missing, it could have an impact on your roof’s overall structure. Get in touch with a professional roofing company in Dallas TX to replace the damaged shingles or completely reinstall the roof.
- Clogged Gutters: Gutters should be kept free of debris, especially during fall season. If your gutters are much clogged, you’ll likely need a professional roofing company’s help in Dallas TX to make sure there is no roof damage.
- A Sagging Roof Deck: Do you notice any signs that your roof is beginning to sag? If so, a professional roofing company in Dallas TX can help ensure the damage doesn’t continue to get worse.
Whether you need help for an emergency roofing problem or simply want a professional roofing company in Dallas TX to evaluate a potential problem, get in touch with the Dallas best roofing company – Fair N Square Roofing & Construction. If your roof is leaking, protect your largest investment by sending an email to one of the experienced roofers in Dallas TX.